So, this last weekend, I celebrated spring break with a trip to the bay. By that I mean that mum had to go there for work, and I tagged along and had some fun. Went to some cool places. It was my first trip to the bay after getting all the touristy stuff and the collegey stuff out of the way, so I kinda just got to wander and experience stuff. Was nice. A trip to Mountain View, met up with Dima for dinner, and caught up with him. Some wandering around the bay with pogden. Was pretty cool.
And after I left, KDE's Akarsh (kstar) flew in to town, and HSL's Jacob Rosenthal flew in to town. Maybe next time, we can have a big hacker get together, no?
Some places to check out:
- Amoeba Music (Located in Upper Haight, Summary Amoebe music is a huge music store in the Haight)
- Blue Bottle Coffee (Located in Bay Area, Summary Coffee shop with good coffee. :))
- Candy Baron (Located in Fisherman's Wharf, Summary The candy baron is a candy shop in the wonderflly touristy Fisherman's Wharf.)
- City Lights Bookstore (Located in Bay Area, Summary City Lights is a bookstore in San Francisco, home to the beat movement and a lot of counter culture.)
- Noisebridge (Located in Mission District, Summary Noisebridge is a bunch of anarchists who do awesome.)
- People's Cafe (Located in Upper Haight, Summary The People's Cafe is home to communists and strong latte.)
- R&G Lounge (Located in Bay Area, Summary Awesome and authentic chinese food in the heart of the bay.)
- Super 7 (Located in Upper Haight, Summary Super 7 is a culture store in the upper haight. Kinda geeky, kinda eccentric.)
- Upper Haight (Located in Bay Area)